Carrot cake is certainly not a boring part of the vegetable world. Does it count as 1 of your 5 a day? Absolutely!
This is one of our most popular flavours in our eatery and it is our most requested flavour in our luxury cake design business.
We adapted our carrot cake recipe from the National Trust magazine recipe shown below.
- 600 grams caster sugar
- 375 grams self-raising flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 375 ml vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp mixed spice
- 6 each eggs
- 330 grams grated carrot
- Preheat the oven to 170C (gas mark 3)
- Line a large brownie tin.
- Sift all of the dry ingredients
- Place the eggs and oil in another bowl and whisk until combined
- Pour the egg mixture into the dry ingredients; add the grated carrot and stir to combine – don’t over mix!
- Once combined, place in your baking tray and bake for around 35 minutes, testing with a skewer to see if its cooked.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.